This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Through space and time - part 2: through the desert
Through space and time - part 2: 

through the desert

The caravan slowly started to move from the Bedouin camp, I rode on a camel directly behind my traveling companion Ahmet. We were led by a local Bedouin guide as this part of the desert was very dangerous. 

The tent camp slowly disappeared in the heat haze of the desert as we saw the first shifting sand dunes. Our Bedouin guide avoided them at a respectful distance, because whoever got in there sank irretrievably in the loose sand.

Our way led us in serpentines through the sweltering heat. I dozed on my camel, my thoughts revolving around the experiences of the past few days. Images of the pyramid flashed through my mind. I was proud to have seen this secret of the Bedouins as the first stranger, and was still thinking about how I could get it published without revealing the source.

I quickly lost my bearings, but that didn't matter. My camel walked obediently in its line of caravans, and alone I would have been lost anyway, and would never have found my way out of the desert again. I had to trust no matter what came.

As we skirted another sand dune, I suddenly saw the pyramid again in the shimmering air. A mirage? Or were we running in circles? But something seemed different. I rode forward to the head of the caravan to the Bedouin who was leading us. He made a very serious face and pointed to the horizon in our direction, where dense clouds of dust were piling up.

When I asked him if we had gone in circles, I made him laugh. No, this would be a small replica of the pyramid at their camp.
But there was no source here, so it was never of interest. Nevertheless, my interest was piqued. With a small bribe I caused the caravan to stop right next to the small pyramid.

That was fine with the Bedouin, as a sandstorm was brewing ahead of us. Here at the pyramid you could certainly find a bit of wind protection, or even wait out the storm inside.All dismounted and camped tightly packed directly in the lee of the pyramid. The camels also pressed against the sandstone wall. Soon the storm was here.

Everyone wrapped themselves in dense cloths and thus filtered the air that reached their noses.

Tarpaulins were also pulled over everyone and tied down. While the wind was already picking up and the sand cut my face uncomfortably, I used the time to explore the small pyramid on my own.

She really looked like a miniature, made of identical materials with identical shapes. Only the obelisk in front of it was missing. I was sure that the construction time and builders were identical here at work. That's why I first looked for the opening mechanism of the heavy bronze gate at the spot I already knew and found it.The gate swung open, sluggish and creaking.

Sand trickled from the mechanism. Surely no one had operated this for more than a thousand years. I was all the more excited about what awaited me inside. I entered and the gate closed again. The noise of the wind stopped immediately. Inside it was stuffy and dry, but the dust that made it difficult to breathe outside was gone.

I took off my headscarf, which had protected me from the sand, and loosened my cloak. Then I looked around expectantly.
But the great discovery did not materialize: no treasures, no gold, no sacrophages. Disappointment spread. My anticipation was very high when I discovered the unexplored pyramid, but there was nothing in here that I had hoped for.

I found only 3 stone pylons erected at 120 degrees to each other. In front of it stood a hewn marble stone that was vaguely reminiscent of an altar. It was decorated with metal turning wheels and engraved inscriptions. This was definitely not a tomb. I took some photos.

I forgot all the warnings not to touch anything and turned around, eager to reveal her secret.
Nothing happened. Then I went to the middle of the 3 pylons and studied the stone disc on the ground.

It also had metallic characters. But they weren't the Egyptians I was already familiar with. I had seen something similar with the Incas before, but it definitely didn't belong in this area. The strange signs also adorned the ceiling.
I stood on the stone disc to get a better look at the drawing in the ceiling above, suddenly the pylons came to life.
The stone surface of the pylons dissolved before my eyes and a metallic structure with large glass lenses became visible.

Fan of blue laser beams came out of each of these lenses and the pylons started spinning around me. I was standing right in the focus of those 3 beams that cut space into 120 degree segments. It took a few seconds for the pylons to completely surround me, I stood in place and watched spellbound. Suddenly everything around me seemed to dissolve and disappear.

Stars flew past me at breakneck speed. I felt like flying alone through endless space. I no longer had any sense of time. Eventually, however, the familiar image re-established itself around me, and then the laser beams went out. The pylons now stopped rotating but kept their futuristic structure. So I hadn't dreamed. In the pyramid everything was again rigid and lifeless.

I opened the gate from the inside and stepped out. How great was the surprise. The sandstorm had stopped. Instead of the desert sun dimmed by the storm, it was totally dark, and above me a pristine clear starry sky. My first thought was that the stay in the pyramids had probably lasted hours, and it was now night. But more had changed. The caravan was gone - I was alone.

Fear crept up - how am I ever going to find my way out of the desert on my own. But the environment has also changed. The loose sand on the ground was gone. Deep soil erosion could be seen all around the pyramid. And the pyramid looked worn down on the outside by thousands of sandstorms.

I sat down on the floor to think. My eyes fell on the starry sky again. Something didn't fit here, I saw unknown constellations. And through the sky there were streaks of light I had never seen before.

What now?

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste